*Sorry you haven’t won a prize, but it did get you looking at this page. Admit it, if I’d put ‘small print’ or ‘terms and conditions’ would you have clicked?
This is the ‘boring’ bit, the not so small print. Rather than typing it on every single page I will put it here.
The not so small print :
- Parkinson’s Disease (PD) is ‘bespoke’, everyone experiences it differently.
- I am not medically trained, so please do not alter any medication or anything at all without first talking to a medical professional.
- This is a personal blog about me and the way I deal with living with Young Onset Parkinson’s Disease (YOPD) – everyone is different.
- Congratulations you have won a cuddly penguin*.
- Disease progression is individual.
- There is no right or wrong way to feel emotionally or physically at any time.
- The writing on the Parkinality facebook page, blog, newspaper column, Parkinality poetry and any other writing is a personal account of living with Parkinson’s.
- Any information I give is merely my opinion.
- I am an ordinary person dealing with an extra ordinary disease. I am learning and finding out new things about PD all the time
- Some of the information may be inaccurate as I am not medically trained.
- My experience of living with Parkinson’s may change over time, so some of my opinions will conflict.
- There is a huge list of symptoms. My symptoms, although will be shared by some people. Others may wonder why I haven’t mentioned a symptom which they suffer with. That is because everyone has their own version of PD.
- Please do not change any medication or start any new regimes/exercise without first speaking to a medical professional.
- A piece of advice I was given by a medical professional was not to randomly google symptoms/information. Look on reliable websites, such as the NHS, or better still speak to someone.
- Did I mention everyone is different and experiences symptoms/disease progression differently.
- I cannot be held responsible for any links to other sites being accurate, nor the information given.
- Am I repeating myself?
*okay that is a fib, sorry to disappoint, no prize. I was trying to think of a way of ensuring that you read the small print to the end, popping a mystery prize in might help, but would be difficult to organise.
As you read my facebook page, blog and other writing, feel free to think (delete as applicable) ‘oh that’s interesting/boring/irrelevant/just damn odd/ worthless/splendid/ amazing/funny’ … but do not act on it.
At least hopefully you have now read to the end of this not so small print (congratulations, a lifetime supply of chutney – sorry another fib).